Monday 2 June 2008

Sunday lunch at Greatham and the kidnap of Aunty Thea!

Edward all packed up and ready to go for Sunday lunch in Greatham :o)

Edward 'hanging out' in Greatham after tasty Sunday lunch.

We haven't made it down to Greatham for FAR too long! Between various people being ill, and general disorganization it just hasn't happened , but finally this weekend we made it down and had very tasty lunchy-munchies :o)

It was nice as lots of the family were down, including Cousin Emily and Duncan, and Luke's Uncle Tom who usually lives in Thailand, aswell as Luke's Aunty Deb, his other cousin Camilla is getting married on Wednesday and so everyone has gathered there before heading over to Ireland for the big event. We wanted to go but sadly in the end just couldn't afford it :o( however we were treated to seeing Uncle Fred in his fantastic and very dashing outfit....sadly not with a pink shirt despite Tom's valiant attempts!

We thought it would rain but thankfully the weather picked up and we ate outside on the big table. We've done it before, but still there is something just a bit wrong about eating roast outside like barbecue food, my brain just doesn't like the break from tradition!

We all sat about feeling nice and fat for a while before heading home 'accidentally' kidnapping Aunty Thea on our way out of the door YAY!!

Aunty Thea and Edward on the sofa, I suspect that Edward may actually be sneakily laddering Thea's tights which is why he looks so pleased with himself!!

When we got home Luke went to bed as he was feeling really tired and rough. Thea sat up with me while I did my treatment and we looked through the photo albums I've made. I know I have them all on the puter, but there is just something special about proper printed out photos. We made it to bed around midnight me in the full knowledge Thea was going to sort Edward so I would get a lie-in in the morning yipee!!

The next morning after my lovely lie-in we all headed out to do something touristy in London. We stopped in at the photo shop to get Thea and the family some proper photos as they only had one rather naff one printed on normal paper. However we'd failed to actually put the photos on the USB key and so had to go home and try again. At that point Luke decided he was actually feeling to rough to come with us and so we left him and went of to Selfridges where Edward flirted with the models that were advertising hair-care things while Thea and I looked at lots of overpriced clothes and tasted the most vile chocolate stilettos ever made.

We had wanted to go to the Tate Modern but there sadly wasn't time as Thea had to get home and there were some delays on the trains, so after collecting our photos we headed to Victoria. I bought us some lunch, and some polos for Uncle Fred as he hadn't been able to come to London and packed her off home. Edward and I then sat in Victoria and ate our lunch as we were both starving, we then got the bus home. I 'popped' into the supermarket to get some milk and Ribena, and ended up burying the sleeping Edward under a weeks worth of shopping haha!!

That evening Luke and I had roast dinner again as I'd picked up a reduced 'posh' chicken, though it smelled a bit strong it was actually ok, and the best chicken out of the three we've had recently :o)

No comments: