Friday 20 June 2008

Mummy-Chummys!!

It was a lovely sunny day thankfully, perfect for our mummy-chummy meet in the park. I spent a bit long faffing and trying to make myself look presentable so left a bit later than I'd planned, as I didn't want to feel rushed and panicky I got a taxi over to the park, a bit of an extravagance considering I'm supposed to be being poor, but it was a special treat!

I walked up to the cafe and there were a couple of ladies sat there with buggies looking suspiciously like they were waiting for people. So I walked up and asked if they knew Charlotte (the lady that had arranged things) and one of them said yes that was her. Hurrah!!

It was a really pleasant afternoon, I think we were all sat chatting for about three hours! We talked about lots of things, all baby related pretty much, we talked about the hospitals where we had our babies, the joys of sterilizing all trying to work out at what point we can get away with not bothering any more haha, and the eternal evils of negotiating public transport.

Although obviously none of it was particularly earth shattering, it was really nice to just chat about these sorts of things with other people who are going through it at pretty much the same time as me, as just by chance all our children are around the same age, just a couple of months apart at most. Although I have some online mummy-chummies and both my mum and Luke's mum have been great it's not really the same, it was really nice to meet other mums, and their babies.

Edward thought it was quite fun too, I think. He had a good look at the other babies, it was quite amusing when I sat him opposite the only little girl that came as she started giggling, he just stared at her looking mildly surprised, while all of us mummies laughed at the pair of them!

After the group broke up I walked back a little way with Charlotte towards her house, and then as it was so sunny and nice I walked the rest of the way home.

Across the rest of the afternoon and evening a few e-mails have been sent out by the girls who came and it seems like everyone had a really good time and the plan is to all get together and do something together again soon.

When I got in Mr Vince was here playing puters with Luke. I changed and fed Edward and had some food, then went for a nap, stupidly I thought it would be nice to take Edward with me and snuggle, however he just wriggled and wittered and was generally a monkey so in the end I rolled over to get away from his kicky legs!!

When I woke up I warmed up the spicy chicken bake for Vince and I which we both ate. I was still hungry after though and so Luke and I were naughty and ordered BAD fried food hehe yummy yummy mozzarella sticks..... lots and lots of creon for me :o)

No comments: