Friday 20 June 2008

Totally Retro Steak & Ale Pie

Well it's been another fantabulous day in my sparkly little world.

The morning was relatively chilled, I had LOVELY long cuddles with Luke as Edward was having a lie-in. I then pottered round the house and replied to a few e-mails.

Around one-ish I headed off to clinic where the news was ok. FEV1 was 1.23 or 38%, which was down a tincy bit, FVC was 2.20 or 59% which was up a bit, O2 sats were 95%. Overall I'm steady but I think things are on the brink of a down-turn as the sputum is looking thicker and greener and tasting pretty nasty. I want IV's so I can have a new port-a-cath fitted and still have plenty of time to recover before uni starts in September. It is also not really practical for Luke to find a placement when he knows he's going to have to take two weeks off in the near future to look after Edward, so it's best to wait till it's out of the way. I got put on some orals until they can get me a bed, and then they are going to try and sort out a theater slot to time up with the end of my IV's so I will be nice and well.

When I got home I changed and fed Edward, and then got on with cooking dinner :o) Steak and ale pie tastes better the longer you cook it. Edward came and sat in his bumbo and helped (i.e. chewed his wooden cooking spoon) while I chopped up the meat, I then sent him back into the lounge when I did the onions as I didn't want them to sting his eyes.

I then attempted to make potato cakes again (mainly as an excuse to use my new griddle pan) it was a very messy process that seemed to cover everything, including Luke who only popped his head round the door, in grated potato!

After a while Andy and Chris arrived, I commandeered a wine bottle as an impromptu rolling pin, cooked the veggies and the potato cakes and then dished up. Edward sat at the table so he could watch everyone eating, and I gave him some broccoli to play with. The potato cakes weren't that nice, Chris didn't like them at all, but Andy did, I think overall they still need work, next time I'm going to cook the potato then mash it and then try and fry it. All in all, aside from the dodgy experimental porme de terres dinner was very tasty :o) Everyone appreciated their pastry boobies (Chris had three) however a few nipples fell off along the way!

After dinner, having eaten Atari (as well as boobie) pastry, we decided to get the Mega-Drive out, yes you did read that right and no it's not 1990, we are just SO cool we've gone retro! Luke and Chris had lots of fun playing Golden Axe and then Streets Of Rage, however failed to get anywhere as they spent more time killing each other than the gribblies. While they did that I fed Edward some apple puree, and Andy fixed my wireless after struggling to find any guidance on my laptop, seriously even the company that made it are so embarrassed by it's crapness they don't support it on their site!

We then put in Micro Machines and the extra controllers and all played that, Luke owned everyone with his character who was rather shockingly called Ganja, however sadly just as things were getting intense and I was finally managing to stay on the screen for more than half a second the console crashed and we couldn't resurrect it...boo :o(

Chris's guide to girl hunting ....Find girl....take girl home and show her room of geekyness...if she stays booyah MOTHERLOAD!
(note Edward sleeping in the corner hehe SO cute!)

1 comment:

Leo Zelada said...

Interesante tu blog.

Saludos de un poeta en Madrid.