Friday 13 June 2008

Bits and Bobs

Well as you can see, down on the right, I've started a new blog http://edwardtedward.blogspot.com/ to track Edward's weaning. It's not going to be hugely exciting I don't think if you aren't into the gory details of the process but will be worth checking out for the many amusing photos of the boy smeared in food!

In other news the council have confirmed/granted our housing benefit claim. I was pretty certain we would qualify but it is nice to have the worry gone from the back of my mind. I really feel confident now about putting down roots here and so have started looking into making some more friends. I have found a mother and baby group who meet up informally, there is a trip planned for next Thursday which I'm pretty tempted to go to as it would be a good opportunity to make mummy-chummies :o)

I've had a productive day, and got lots of paperwork sorted, including things like paying the huge water bill and getting the TV license, though not very exciting it's nice to know I've got things sorted and in order. The next task is to change all direct debits and benefit payments over to our joint account.....yep you read that right Luke and I are a proper official couple now we have a joint account....because obviously the baby didn't qualify us as such hehe!

And finally, very excitingly, our dining table and chairs bought for a stunning total of £6 on my beloved Ebay were delivered today hurrah!! It will be so nice to eat at a proper table, and set a good example for Edward, I'm planning to sit his little chair in the center in the hope the food he throws everywhere will land on that rather than the carpet.

Right I think I'm going to head to bed, leaving Luke and Karolina to a late night of WOW....it will never to cease to amuse me knowing how much it would make most WOW players dribble if they knew just how gorgeous Karolina is, and that she plays.... the perfect girlfriend hehe I'd best watch myself :o)

No comments: