Wednesday 4 June 2008

A lovely day in the sun with Aunty Shellie



I meant to tidy the house this morning but got utterly distracted into planning for my dinner party tomorrow, well I thought it was tomorrow, turns out it's actually next Thursday, but at that point I was still blissfully unaware of this fact and so Edward-Tedward and I headed out into the sunshine to buy in the bits I needed leaving a very poorly Luke sleepily dying of laryngitis at home.

In need of wooden skewers I headed to Woolies, who I also thought, quite correctly, may sell baby sunglasses. After trying on all the ones they had we finally settled on the ones in the above photo, tempting as the Spiderman ones were we thought that at five months old velcro straps were going to be alot better than plastic ones.

The supermarket didn't have everything we needed so we headed up to get the bus to Camden. As we sat waiting Aunty Shellie called to ask if we were still on to meet up for lunch. I'd totally forgotten about it, but said 'of course' and that I'd meet her down by Marble Arch in about 20 minutes time. I nipped home to change Edward and pick up some of his milk then up to Marble Arch where Shellie was waiting.

We decided to go out for lunch and started looking for a nice place round where we were. Nothing really took our fancy, and by that time we were almost level with our flat, so I took Shellie in to see it. She liked it lots, though as we arrived the oxygen man was also there so he gave me my new cylinders which are not liquid booo!!

Mummy called while we were there to ask how Shellie's appointment at the brain hospital had gone. The doctor decided that she just had a very severe type of migraine, (the type that makes you lie bed bound in a dark room for almost 4 months straight!) and that he had a few drugs he could try, however he didn't know why she was getting all of the wierd symptoms that she gets and he can't offer her a follow-up appointment for 8 months even though he would like to see her sooner. Grr it's such frustratingly crap service, it makes me realize how lucky I am being looked after by the Brompton.

After I'd suitably showed off my lovely new (though still very messy) flat we headed out to a nearby Thai place I'd seen in my scout of the area that I did when we moved in. It was VERY tasty and very reasonably priced, the staff were all lovely too and made a big fuss of Edward. He had such a good time that he started to drool!!!


After lunchie munchies we decided to wander down to Hyde Park, which we did, it was very lovely. You just don't realize how big it is, and it's amazing how you can be in the center of the city and yet just see trees, it's fantastic :o) We just both kept exclaiming that we couldn't believe how nice the park was and that it was so close to my house. We eventually came to the lake where we had a nice long sit down, we also had lots of fun looking at the geese and ducks :o)


We then mooched very slowly and in a very lost fashion all the way to Victoria!!! I can't believe how far I walked, but like I said to Shellie seeing Sam waiting for her transplant and tragically not making it combined with my horribly low lung function has made me even more acutely aware that I have very little precious time where I will even have half a chance to wander about as freely as I do now, all too soon I'm going to be tied down to a wheelchair by oxygen tubing permanently, so few and far between as days like today may be I'm going to do my up-most to enjoy them.

Once at Victoria we went to Costa upstairs to get a drink and wait for Simon to finish work. I did wander off for a bit to see if I could buy some milk for Edward as he was getting hungry, but nowhere sold it. Simon then arrived so I sent he and Shellie home, and resumed my original plan to go to Camden and get the last few bits for the meal tomorrow.

While on the bus I got a call from Luke to say the gang were coming round as agreed and when was I going to be back as they were going to be there in 20 minutes. I don't actually remember remotely agreeing they were coming round today haha but then I don't appear to have a good grasp on what I've arranged of late so it's quite possible! I was unfortunately already on the bus to Camden and though I abandoned my plans to go there it meant it took me ages to get back as I had to go a very convoluted route.

The gang were already here by the time I arrived. We spend the rest of the evening chilling and chatting, and ordered some yummy noodles from a place recommended by Vince. Karolina got very excited as Luke helped her with her WOW account so now she can play all summer while she's home in Poland missing Vince, and Rabia entertained us with tales of how she was planning to work in immigration and decline the entry of all Canadians to the country!!

It is most certainly now time for sleepies......goodness knows if my legs will actually still work when I wake up tomorrow!!!

No comments: