Tuesday 22 July 2008

A Lovely Family Day


Well as the title suggests today has been a really lovely family day, it started out with us all having cuddles in the bed this morning which we haven't done much since we moved, that was really fun and lovely though sadly I missed getting a photo of Luke and Edward playing as they looked SO cute together.

After yummy lunch of chicken pie and rice pudding for Edward, and bacon sandwiches and mushrooms for the parents we decided to be brave and risk going to the park, somewhere we tend to avoid due to Luke's horrid evil hay-fever. I think we were out for about half an hour, we mooched down to the Serpentine and had ice-creams than mooched back via the post-box so I could post my letter for 'my' Postpal. Luke was very itchy and it wasn't entirely pleasant for him but I was really grateful that he made such an effort for us all and even he agreed that a short walk like that was bearable. It makes me so sad it has to be like that and that it can't just be a totally enjoyable experience but it is better than nothing and I'm very grateful to him :o)

I then had to go to the dentist, she took some x-rays and wanted to do a filling. I'm terrible when it comes to brushing my teeth, I don't know why but I really really hate it with a passion and always have, so it is no surprise I need work done, I'm trying to be sensible and take advantage of my maternity certificate before it runs out so I can get it done free! However I was really frightened I tried to stay calm and do deep breaths but I was still panicky. In the end she decided it was best to refer me to have it done under sedation at the hospital, she said if I was a normal patient she would have carried on but due to my steroids she was worried that I may go into some sort of hypoglycemic shock, I felt so guilty and pathetic and like I'd wasted her time but she was very nice about it. I also think she was worried about me passing out and not knowing how to deal with me and the forms she'd have to fill in if she had to call an ambulance and so decided to er on the side of caution, as it means I get out of having it done for a while longer I'm not complaining!

Edward has been a pretty good boy overall today, much more settled than yesterday, though he has got into the habit of making a very annoying moaning noise, he has also taken to doing fake coughs which are really quite funny especially as he often smiles and looks terribly pleased with himself after he's done one...obviously been watching me at physio time a little too closely :o)

You can just make out Edward's little butterfly that his friend Abi sent him in this one!

1 comment:

Sarah Milne said...

It sounds a lovely day (apart from the dentist!!!). We have been writing to Postpals today as well. It is SO hard to chose from them all. The girls enjoyed finding Pals with similar interests.