Sunday 25 May 2008

A very loud Crosslandish Sunday lunch

Grufffy and Diana educating Edward in the ways of Little Feet

Diana and Edward rocking some serious air-guitar!!


Mummy, or Grandy-Mummy as she is now known invited us all round for Sunday lunch as Shellie was already going to be there, and Diana and Edgar were over from Berlin and Portugal (yes there had been a Marillion gig, no I didn't go boo!)

We left pretty late, but as Mummy hadn't even bought the roast when we left I wasn't too worried. It was quite exciting as Luke and I went from the newly refurbished St. Pancras, it was the first time either of us had seen it. It's very nice, but given it's very air-port feel made me get terribly itchy feet and left me dreaming of jetting off to distant shores...oh well shall have to comfort myself with the tasty cakies we bought at M&S.

When we got to the Grandparents we were greeted by chaos, even more than I've come to expect! After years of having their bed downstairs in the lounge following an incident with the waterbed my parents have FINALLY had a new carpet fitted upstairs and so have gone back into their proper bedroom!!! It's still a mess and they haven't got their proper bed in their yet (instead they have stolen my brothers poor boy!) but believe me it is significant progress and I'm very proud of them.

They have also changed my old bedroom, I did have a fitted bed, desk and wardrobe, as well as lots of shelves but it has all been taken out, as well as the wallpaper being stripped and being painted white. It looks very bizzare and in my opinion smaller, it made me a little sad to see it so different, but oddly jogged very vague memories of what it looked like before I had the aforementioned furniture fitted.

Daddy or Gruffy as he is now know by Edward, was being very cryptic about it all, and talking mysteriously of 'plans being afoot' to change the house now all the children had gone ( despite poor Alex still living there for the best part of the next two years, not to mention uni holidays)... said 'plans' roughly translate as 'your bedroom is now my guitar room, and I'm going to try hard to get your mother to throw some crap out, whilst ignoring the fact almost half of it is actually mine!, ah well for them it is progress :o)

Shellie was very fazzled as she was trying to cook roast for 12, even though it was only the third one she'd ever cooked. Personally I find it bizzare you can get to 25 and have only cooked three roast dinners, and having cooked for that many practically every night at uni am not remotely fazed by it, but she was merry and martyring and I was in no mood or state of health to cook so I left her too it and snuck off to see Grand-Mummy who was in bed feeling pretty rough having had a nasty fall a few days before, naturally I took Edward-Tedward up with me as I knew his little cheeky face would cheer her up pretty speedily :o)

Eventually we got called down to dinner, and it was VERY tasty :o) and I ate it all. It was a very noisy affair as Daddy was playing his latest music find and everyone was very over-excited, but it was jolly fun. Afterwards I watched Alex and Luke play on the PS3 for a while and dozed on Luke's arm. Gruffy stayed with Edward in the kitchen and played him lots of music it was very cute as he was so excited. Not sure how Edward's hearing will fair in the long term but at least now his has an appreciation for Little Feet :o)

Far too late we headed home, driven proudly to the station by Uncle Alex in his new car :o)

No comments: